Friday, January 30, 2015

Valentine to God for a Job Well Done

By Brenda Black

Feeling blessed and a little bushed after a load of work in January. But the fruit of my labor and the hand of the Lord is looking lovely for February. My Valentine to God and thanks from me will be nine feature articles, cover stories, editorials and news stories that will appear in four different publications! Better than chocolate is seeing the graphics and script I prepared come to life in a national t.v. commercial, airing in the month of love. Having two separate regional advertising campaigns designed and distributed to a four state region makes my heart skip a beat. Booking speaking engagements months in advance is such a treat. Selling hundreds of ads in one week and editing and designing a profound and inspirational book are all icing on the cake. A gigantic newsletter and multiple email blasts signed, sealed and delivered as promised, brought a hug to more than one of us. The cakes I made and got to eat too, included promotions for five organizations and churches for their upcoming events. Brochures, post cards, banners, logos, speeches, commercials, interviews and articles; editing, layout, photography and websites -- January was demanding, but February is looking pretty sweet, and I have the Lord to thank!

I love my Lord and long to honor Him in all that I do --

"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving," Colossians 3:23-24.

No comments: